We call it sanja and the packets says it’s agar agar and now gelatine bars.
Whatever it’s called it tastes so good and looks colorful. It cooks very fast and sets with no refrigeration.
Here is how you do it basically.
1 pack agar agar
4 cups water
Sugar as required
1. Boil water in a pan.
2. Add agar agar and cook over a medium flame.
3 Add sugar when the mixture starts thickening slightly.
4. Once the mixture thickens add preferred color and pour on a flat tray.
5. Keep it covered and away from insects until it sets.
6. Once it sets cut into squares and serve.
Refrigeration is required when keeping more than a day.
Store different colors separately in different boxes.
Thats my sanja 🙂
Thats the raw sanja or agar agar.
Here are a few Ideas to make them look more beautiful and fun –
1. Add nuts and fruits to uncoloured sanja or agar agar. The will look yummy and lovely.
2. Add some sweetened condensed milk instead of sugar for a heavy texture and more enhanced sweetness.
3. Cut into different shapes to serve for kids parties.